If you are concerned about climate change and would like to be part of a group in the Shire that is actively working towards solutions, we encourage you to join us.
We aim to work cooperatively and collaboratively in all our activities. Although we are non-partisan, we are very much involved in motivating all levels of government to do more to address the threat of climate change.
There are a number of ways that you can get involved with ShireCAN and keep up-to-date with our activities and Climate Change information. We communicate regularly regarding various initiatives and hold regular and informal meetings face-to-face and online.
Monthly Meetings: If you would like to attend our monthly meetings or would like additional information, feel free to send an email to: email@example.com
If you have skills, expertise, time and/or enthusiasm, you might like to help out.
If you are interested please contact ShireCAN convenor – firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill in our volunteer expression of interest form for the Sutherland Shire Environment here: https://www.ssec.org.au/volunteers/
Some of the things we currently need help with include:
- helping with stalls at fetes and fairs
- reviewing Sutherland council agendas, minutes and community surveys to flag items of relevance
- writing letters, submissions and grants
- helping with social media and newsletters
- liaising and networking with other groups, such as Sunny Shire to help with the initiative to set up a community battery
- helping with community actions
- serving as a representative on committees, such as the local Bush Fire Risk Management committee