We’re so pleased to introduce you to the winner of the 2019 Sustainability Award, sponsored by Sutherland Shire Environment Centre in the Local Business Awards. We’d like to thank all our entrants. We had some superlative entries from some superlative businesses and it was hard to choose our winners.
Bella Cibo gourmet Italian Restaurant provides takeaway and home delivery service.
They say, ‘our goal is not just to get as close as possible to a zero waste business, but to also create long-term sustainable business practices that can show other businesses that you can reduce costs, and become more profitable by adopting practices that don’t harm our future generations.’
Just a few of the great environmentally friendly practices that the business has adopted are these:
* using ONLY 100% plastic-free, compostable packaging – straws, stickers, coffee cups, food boxes, pasta containers etc
* recycling: cardboard, cooking oils, tins, bottles
* providing a discount for customer who bring their own containers and / or coffee cups
* sending food scraps for commercial composting
* sourcing local, environmentally sustainable produce
* using less harmful cleaning products.
* using palm-oil free produce
‘Together we can all work towards sustainable small business and a more sustainable future,’ the owners say.
Congratulations, Bella Cibo! You’re a great example to cafes and restaurants everywhere!
Address: 1/7-9 White St, Jannali and 8/27 Mansfield Ave, Caringbah